Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage After Recent Hospitalization

Chrissy Teigen shared Wednesday evening that she has suffered a miscarriage following a recent hospitalization.

The cookbook author and wife of John Legend shared a solemn black-and-white photo of herself crying in a hospital bed on social media, along with the following message: “We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we’ve never felt before. We were never able to stop the bleeding and give our baby the fluids he needed, despite bags and bags of blood transfusions. It just wasn’t enough.

“We never decide on our babies’ names until the last possible moment after they’re born, just before we leave the hospital,” she continued. “But we, for some reason, had started to call this little guy in my belly Jack. So he will always be Jack to us. Jack worked so hard to be a part of our little family, and he will be, forever. To our Jack – I’m so sorry that the first few moments of your life were met with so many complications, that we couldn’t give you the home you needed to survive. We will always love you.”

Teigen added, “We are so grateful for the life we have, for our wonderful babies Luna and Miles, for all the amazing things we’ve been able to experience. But everyday can’t be full of sunshine. On this darkest of days, we will grieve, we will cry our eyes out. But we will hug and love each other harder and get through it.”

Teigen and Legend have two children, Luna and Miles, who they conceived through IVF treatments. The couple announced they were expecting a third child in Legend’s music video for the song “Wild.”

In a later tweet on Wednesday evening by Teigen, she wrote, “Driving home from the hospital with no baby. How can this be real.”

In early September, Teigen revealed she was being put on bed rest by her doctor for a couple of weeks. That stay was extended when the Cravings author became hospitalized for “excessive bleeding”,” as she shared on Sept. 28.

“I guess in the simplest of terms, we can say my placenta is really, really weak,” Teigen shared on her social media. “I feel really good. The baby is so healthy, growing stronger than Luna or Miles. He moves a lot. He moves so much earlier than they ever did.

“He’s strong. I’m so excited for him because he’s so wonderful, the strongest little dude,” she continued. “So, I can’t wait for him.”

This article was originally published by The Hollywood Reporter.

The Gremlin Shockingly Unmasks Himself on ‘The Masked Singer’

The Masked Singer had its very first self-elimination on Wednesday night (Sept. 30) when the Gremlin surprised viewers at home by unmasking himself.

Partially due to the understandably unbearable heat in the fuzzy grey costume, the Gremlin is heard in the clip below telling host Nick Cannon, “I want to take this off right now.”

He then lifts up his mask to reveal former boxer, actor and screenwriter Mickey Rourke to the surprise of judges Nicole Scherzinger, Robin Thicke, Ken Jeong and Jenny McCarthy. “This is a ‘Masked Singer’ first,” Cannon said. “We didn’t get to vote, the other people didn’t get to come out. Mickey said, ‘Dammit, it’s hot. I’m taking it off.'”

When asked why he did The Masked Singer, Rourke replied, “I was in the neighborhood. I like the show, I watched four episodes and they asked if I’d be interested so I watched from the very beginning and all that s—.”

Rourke is the second contestant to be eliminated from this season’s The Masked Singer. Last week, the Dragon was revealed to be Busta Rhymes.

Watch the Gremlin unmasking below.

Cardi B Talks Pressure on Female Rappers to Put Out New Music, Says She Won’t Release a Song ‘Just Because’

Ever since Cardi B released “Press” in 2019, she’s been taking her time working to share music she knows her fans will love. That’s why she waited almost a year before dropping “WAP” with Megan Thee Stallion. But even someone as openly confident as the “Bodak Yellow” rapper admits that she feels the pressure to crank out hits.

She discussed the topic in an interview with SiriusXM on Wednesday (Sept. 30), admitting that “at one time, I felt like I was putting out too much music and I took a little break.”

“Throughout this whole time people were making rumors like, ‘Oh she’s having problems with her label,’ ‘Her label is shelving her,’ ‘Her label is tired of her and they’re getting more female talent,'” she continued. “It’s like, no, they never tired of me. Labels, they want you to put music out. That’s what they love. They want you to put music out all the time, all the time.”

Cardi also touched on the double standard between male and female hip-hop artists. “Female rappers, y’all, they are always in mad pressure,” she explained. “If you don’t have a super crazy smash, it’s like oh, you flop, flop flop. The song could be like two-times platinum and it’s still flop, flop, flop. You’re always under pressure, and I feel like it’s not fair. I feel like there’s male artists who go two years without putting a f—ing song out and they don’t go, ‘Oh, you’re irrelevant. It’s over for you.’ Me, I didn’t put out songs for nine months and it’s like, ‘Oh, she’s irrelevant. She’s over. She’s a flop. We told you that.’”

And while she admitted that those comments “started to get to” her, Cardi concluded that she’s not “going to put out a song that I’m not really in love with just because.”

Watch the full clip below.

Stevie Nicks Says Harry Styles ‘Is Definitely in the Running’ for Mini-Series on ‘Rhiannon’ Folklore

Harry Styles has been dipping his toes in the acting world recently, as he’s set to star in Olivia Wilde’s upcoming film Don’t Worry Darling. But will he also make his way to the big screen to help his mentor Stevie Nicks?

In a new interview with The Los Angeles Times, Nicks shared that she hopes to make a movie about the Celtic deity Rhiannon, ever since a fan sent her four novels on the folklore in a Manila envelope, author Evangeline Walton’s adaptation of the ancient British Mabinogion.

Nicks bought the rights to the work, soon decided to make it a television miniseries and wrote 10 unreleased songs specifically for the project. And while she didn’t have a dream cast lined up, Nicks told the publication that Styles “is definitely in the running.”

The Fleetwood Mac star continued to gush over her mentee, sharing, “I’m going, ‘Harry, you cannot age one day. You have to stay exactly as you are. I’ve already sold him on it.”

On joining the former One Direction star onstage at the Forum in Los Angeles for his Fine Line album release show, Nicks said it was “a huge thrill, because he made a choice to be a rock ‘n’ roll star and not a pop star.”

“That was a risk for a guy from a boy band. That was like Fleetwood Mac doing ‘Tusk’ after ‘Rumours.’ I was very proud of him.”

Read the full interview here.

‘We’re All Doomed’: ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic Says What We’re All Thinking in Hilarious Presidential Debate Parody

The only good thing that seems to have come out of last night’s (Sept. 29) chaotic presidential debate is a hysterical parody courtesy of “Weird Al” Yankovic.

The spoof master shared his take on the debate on Wednesday (Sept. 30), and in the clip aptly titled “We’re All Doomed,” he takes over for Fox News’ Chris Wallace as the evening’s moderator.

“2020 is a raging hellscape / Any ideas on how to stop a worldwide plague?” Yankovic begins as a dance-y beat storms in and autotuned remarks from Donald Trump and Joe Biden weave into the explosive “Who’s it gonna be?” chorus.

“We’re living in the apocalypse / I’m begging you to put a stop to this, pretty please,” the satirical singer begged, before showcasing some of the wilder moments from the debate, including Trump’s refusal to condemn white supremacy and failure to acknowledge the global climate crisis.

Watch the entire parody below.

Calvin Harris Blasts the UK Government for ‘Treating the Music Industry Like Sh–‘ Amid COVID-19

Calvin Harris let his feelings be known in an Instagram post criticizing the UK government’s treatment of the music industry amid COVID-19.

Posted Monday, the image shows a burnt-out nightclub with the caption, “as usual the UK government treating music industry like sh–; contributes 5bn to the economy, generates massive tax revenues for NHS and other public services…besides that, culture is extremely f—ing important…you’ve lost sight of what life is about…you’d rather live in a world of supermarkets and pharmaceutical drugs.”

The Scottish producer’s post came after a Sept. 28 Sky News interview with Helen Whately, the UK’s Minister for Care at the Department of Health and Social Care. During the conversation, Whately stated that it “doesn’t make sense to continue supporting jobs where there simply isn’t work at the moment” including jobs in the nightlife sector.

This discussion came after the announcement that the UK’s Self-Employment Income Support Scheme, which launched in March, will start dramatically reducing grants to self-employed people in the UK.

Down in the comments section on Instagram, Harris also fired back at a commenter who wrote “1st pic is from a nightclub fire in Germany or Poland… f*ck all to do with the U.K. Also, you live in L.A. Got a edm pop album coming out? Pipe down, sell out.”

“It’s a metaphorical image daft c–t,” Harris replied, “and aye as someone who didn’t come from money worked in a fish factory and Safeway before becoming one of the most successful british producers of all time, I’ll make my f–king comment.”

The post has gotten more than 127,000 likes and comments of support from a wide-ranging crew of music industry figures including Showtek, Pete Tong, Cedric Gervais, Omnia Nightclub and Kaskade, the latter of whom commented that “the last places to open back up will be churches and nightclubs…. sounds like a punch line. Wild.”

Concord Launches $10M Music & Theater Investment Initiative for Underrepresented Communities

Concord has launched a $10 million impact investment initiative that will dedicate capital to “projects, businesses and organizations in the music and theater industries that serve or are led by members of underrepresented and marginalized communities,” the company announced Wednesday (Sept. 30).

To kick off the initiative, Concord has partnered with the global investment and innovation platform Techstars and its music accelerator program, which has committed to a benchmark of 50% diverse CEOs and founders, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, historically marginalized communities, indigenous people and military veterans for its 2021 class and all of its music accelerator programs going forward.

Under the new agreement, Concord — which has been investing in Techstars annually since 2018 — will contribute an additional seed investment of $30,000 into each company included in Techstars’ music accelerator program next year that meets Concord’s impact initiative criteria. In addition, Concord will guarantee an ancillary investment to the first round of outside fundraising of up to $100,000 for each of the companies “that match Concord’s strategic goals and priorities.” All of these amounts will be doled out in addition to Concord’s preexisting investment in the Techstars program.

In a statement announcing the partnership, Concord CEO Scott Pascucci said, “The intent of this initiative is to do what we do best – provide access and support – and to invest incrementally in communities which historically have not had that access and support. In pursuit of this, we will be applying the same investment discipline and focus that have enabled our company to grow into the world’s best and biggest independent music and theater company in less than a decade. We could not think of a better partner with whom to start this venture than Techstars Music and its thriving music accelerator program.”

Techstars Music managing director Bob Moczydlowsky added, “Concord’s initiative will allow Techstars Music to provide even more access and support to entrepreneurs from or serving underserved communities, in complement to Techstars’ recent public commitment to having 1,000 diverse startup CEOs participate in our accelerators by 2026. Our accelerator will run entirely virtually in 2021 — so the 10 companies we will select for investment will no longer be required to relocate to Los Angeles or travel to pitch their business. Combine this accessibility with our member’s deep commitment to diversity and social justice, and we expect 2021 to be the most inclusive year of Techstars Music yet”.